System Upgrade 101:
We’re upgrading our systems to provide smarter technology to simplify the way our members credit union!
- Robust and reliable online banking
- Improved mobile app and bill pay
- Instant Text Alerts
- Freeze and Unfreeze Cards within online/mobile banking
The System Upgrade will begin on Sunday, July 31, 2022 and is scheduled to be completed on Monday, August 1, 2022. The credit union will be closed on Monday, August 1, 2022 to complete the upgrade. Members will also be required to reenroll in online/mobile banking and bill pay after the upgrade. Visit this web page frequently, check your mail & emails, and follow us on social media for the most up to date communications as our upgrade date gets closer.
We are looking forward to these new changes and hope you are too! We will work as quickly & efficiently as possible throughout this upgrade, but your patience while we all adjust to this new system is much appreciated!
All members should take the following steps before the upgrade to avoid service interruptions.
- Contact Information – Make sure your contact information is up-to-date and be entered to win a Summer Fun Basket valued at up to $500!
- Emails –Confirm you’re signed up to receive credit union emails. If you’re not receiving the monthly eNews, please sign up now.
- Website – This webpage is your best resource for details regarding the system upgrade.
- eStatements – Download/print eStatements, in case you need them later. eStatements through July 2022 will not show on the new system. All members will receive a paper statement mailed via USPS for the month of July 2022.
- Shared Branch Locations -You will not be able to access your account at a shared branch location during the system upgrade.
- Online Bill Pay – The current bill pay system will be discontinued prior to conversion date. Further information in regards to this interruption will become available in the coming months.
- Debit Cards – Your debit card ATM withdrawals and purchases MAY BE LIMITED during the system upgrade. (7/31 to 8/1) It is highly recommended that you have an alternative method of payment and/or sufficient cash on hand just in case you need it.
- Credit Card – Consider applying for a FCCCU Credit Card as a backup form of payment.