Courtesy Pay is an overdraft protection program designed to pay items that would otherwise be returned for insufficient funds. Courtesy Pay can help prevent the inconvenience and embarrassment of an unexpected overdraft. If Courtesy Pay covers an item, an overdraft fee may be assessed.
The following are the requirements for Courtesy Pay:
- Member must be at least 18 years of age
- The share draft account must be open for at least 6 months
- Member has no delinquent loans with the credit union
- Account must have a valid address
- Courtesy Pay is available only on the primary share draft account. No sub-accounts are covered*
- The member is required to bring the account to a positive balance within 30 days of the first use of Courtesy Pay.
- Courtesy Pay is not available on Business, Trusts, Representative Payee, or Estate Accounts.
To enroll in Courtesy Pay, please complete this form electronically.
*We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions: Check and other transactions made using your share draft checking account number and automatic bill payments. We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions or everyday debit card transactions unless you opt-in.