Share Certificates pay a certain dividend if held for a specific period or term. We offer 12, 24, 36, 48 and 60-month share certificate options. Share certificate funds are not “liquid,” as a penalty may be assessed if any portion of the principal is withdrawn before maturity.
In general, Share Certificates are a good choice if:
- You do not need to access your funds for a certain length of time (the longer the term, the higher the rate)
- You want to calculate your expected earnings at the outset of the investment
- You want a federally insured investment product with a guaranteed rate of return
- You can meet the $500 minimum opening balance requirement
- You want a higher interest rate than a Money Market Account or Regular Savings Account