Share Certificates pay a certain dividend if held for a specific period or term. We offer 12, 24, 36, 48 and 60-month share certificate options. Share certificate funds are not “liquid,” as a penalty may be assessed if any portion of the principal is withdrawn before maturity.
In general, Share Certificates are a good choice if:
- You do not need to access your funds for a certain length of time (the longer the term, the higher the rate)
- You want to calculate your expected earnings at the outset of the investment
- You want a federally insured investment product with a guaranteed rate of return
- You can meet the $500 minimum opening balance requirement
- You want a higher interest rate than a Money Market Account or Regular Savings Account
Ready to open a Share Certificate with First Class Community Credit Union?
Want to learn more?
- Contact us 24/7 at 1-800-392-7122
- View our current rates
- Use our Savings Calculator to calculate the future value of a monthly investment.