Membership/New Accounts:


Who is eligible to join First Class Community Credit Union?

Membership is open to anyone living or working in the following counties: Polk, Story, Jasper, Marion, Warren, Madison, Boone, Dallas, Plymouth, Cherokee, Ida, Woodbury, Crawford, and Monona. Also, as a credit union originally created by and for postal employees, all postal employees in the state of Iowa are eligible to join First Class Community Credit Union.


How much is required to open a share account and become a member of First Class Community Credit Union?

A $25 deposit into your savings account is required to become a member at First Class Community Credit Union. The funds remain on hold in your savings account for the duration of your membership with the credit union.


What documentation do I need to open an account?

First Class Community Credit Union now has the ability to open accounts online! Visit our Online Membership page to learn more.

To open a personal account, we require a valid form of government-issued photo identification and $25 for membership funds. If your identification does not have a current address we require proof of address (utility bill, lease agreement, home owner’s insurance, government-issued letter, voter registration card.) These documents must be issued within the last 30 days.

To open a youth account, we require all the above information for the parent/guardian and a birth certificate or social security number card for the minor.

To open a business account, we require verification of tax identification number, business agreement, valid government-issued photo identification for all authorized users and membership funds.


Are there any balance requirements for a Share Draft Checking Account?

Currently, there are no minimum balance requirements for Share Draft Checking Accounts.


Am I still a member if I move out of eligible counties or no longer work for a Select Employee Group (SEG)?

Yes! Once membership is initially established we hope to keep you as our member for life!


Are my deposits at the credit union insured?

 Yes! Your deposits are federally insured by the NCUA to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.




How do I apply for a loan online?

Apply online and follow the application instructions. Once the application is complete a loan officer will be in touch.


Do I need to sign loan documents in person?

Our experienced loan officers can send the documents electronically to your email via DocuSign. You can potentially close your loan from the comfort of your couch!


How can I make a payment on my loan?

Loans can be paid through online banking from your FCCCU account, our self service loan payment portal with either a debit card or account information from another financial institution, by phone 24/7 with either a debit/credit card or your account information, by mail, or in person at either branch.


Do you offer mortgage loans?

Yes! We do offer a variety of mortgage loans including first mortgages, home equity, and home equity line of credit loans.


How do I set up automatic payments?

We can initiate automatic loan payments from either an account with First Class Community Credit Union or from another financial institution. Please complete and return the Periodic Payment Form for FCCCU accounts, the ACH Postal Payroll Form for USPS direct deposits and the ACH Origination Form for accounts at other financial institutions.


Do I have the ability to finance a new car purchase with FCCCU at the dealership?

Yes! We do currently have a program that allows financing at the dealership. For more information contact our loan department at 1-800-392-7122.


What kind of debt consolidation options does FCCCU offer?

The loan officers at First Class Community Credit Union are trained to look for any loan benefits that assist in saving you money. We’ll complete a thorough debt review with you to determine what may be the best fit for your financial situation. We have a multitude of options for financing with a variety of terms and rates.

If debt consolidation isn’t an option for you, allow our partners at BALANCE to assist you with services such as money management counseling, credit counseling, and debt repayment counseling.

Call us today at 1-800-392-7122 to speak with an experienced loan officer.


How do I build my credit?

Everyone has to start somewhere. First Class Community Credit Union is here to get you started off on the right track. With our first-time buyer program, we can help get you into a car with no credit. We will give you the tools to develop a solid credit history and reach your financial (and car owning) dreams.

Maybe you don’t need a car, but just want to build credit- We have you covered as well! Stop in today or give us a call to talk about your low rate options.


How do I rebuild my credit?

Life likes to throw us curve balls and sometimes our credit can be affected. It’s okay, we can help you get back on track. We will complete an in-depth review of your credit and together we can create an action plan to get you back in good standing with creditors. Please call us at 1-800-392-7122 to speak with a trusted loan officer.


What are the insurance requirements for my vehicle loan?

When financing a vehicle with First Class Community Credit Union we require full coverage insurance with deductibles of $1,000.00 or less until the loan balance is below $1,500.00 and First Class Community Credit Union to be listed as a lienholder on the policy.


Where do I submit proof of insurance?

Proof of insurance can either be dropped off at one of our branches, emailed to gofirstclass@myloaninsurance.com, faxed to 1-877-736-2620, submitted online at https://www.myloaninsurance.com/gofirstclass or mailed to:

First Class Community Credit Union
Insurance Tracking Center
P.O. Box 924613
Fort Worth, TX 76124


How is my credit score determined?

Data from your credit report falls into five different categories that make up a FICO score: Payment history, amounts owed, length of credit history, types of credit used and new credit. Every lending program runs its own scoring model which can place greater emphasis on certain factors.


How do I dispute something on my credit report?

 If something is listed incorrectly on your credit report contact both the reporting agency and the creditor to resolve the issue.


Where can I obtain a copy of my credit report?

You are entitled to a free credit report every 12 months from each of the three major reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion). You can request your report online at https://www.annualcreditreport.com, please call 877-322-8228 or mail in a request to:

Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281


Does First Class Community Credit Union offer credit cards?

Yes! We partner with Elan Financial Services to provide several different credit card options to fit your financial needs. You can view our credit card options and apply for a new credit card online.


Member Services:


How do I contact the credit union?

We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone toll-free at 1-800-392-7122 or locally at 515-224-4300.  Our fax number is 515-224-4301. Our general inquiries email is firstclassinfo@gofirstclass.org


How do I change my address?

You may change your address via online banking or by completing a Change of Address Form. Once the form is completed, please email, mail, or drop off the form at one of our branches. This form is also available at both branch locations. To change your address through online banking logon via a web browser. Please note you will not be able to change your address from the mobile application. You will click on the gear shaped icon in the upper right hand corner. A drop down menu will appear select “Personal Information.” Update your address and then click Ok.


Do I need to notify the credit union if I am traveling?

Yes! To ensure your card is fully operational while traveling please notify us of any travel plans.


How do I order new checks?

Checks can be ordered from our check partner Deluxe by phone, in branch or online.


What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen?

As soon as you realize your card is missing, please contact us at 1-800-392-7122 to report the card as lost or stolen. Our experienced member service representatives will guide you through the next steps.


Can I access my account information via an automated system?

Yes, our automated system is called Audio Zip. To enroll in Audio Zip call 1-800-345-0566 and follow the prompts. You will need to know your member number with FCCCU and the last four of your social security number for the initial PIN. You will be prompted to change your PIN upon enrollment.


What do I do if I become locked out of my account online?

If you have forgotten your security code, select “forgot security code?” and have a temporary password sent to your email. If you have locked yourself out of the account by trying an incorrect password too many times, please call us at 1-800-392-7122 for assistance.


How do I enroll in online banking?

Select the enroll button on the login page, it will then prompt for your member number and PIN. The PIN is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number or if the audio teller has been accessed then the PIN will be the Audio Pin. Follow through with the instructions to set up your online banking account.


How do I enroll in bill pay?

  1. Go to www.gofirstclass.org
  2. Log into “Online Banking”
  3. Click on the “Bill Pay” tab
  4. Select “Enroll” below first-time user
  5. Enter “Member Number”
  6. Enter “PIN” which will be last 4 digits of your social security number or if the audio teller has been accessed then the PIN will be the Audio Pin.
  7. Select “Bill Pay”
  8. Select the type of bill you want to pay from the menu. Example:  “Utilities”
  9. Follow the steps and enter the payment information for each bill you want to pay.


How do I enroll in e-statements and e-notices?

 Within online banking, select the self-service tab and then select eStatements. It will prompt you to accept the terms and conditions for eStatements. Follow this same process with eNotices.


How long until my deposited funds are available?

First Class Community Credit Union believes that in order to protect the assets of our members it may become necessary for some deposits made into their accounts to be unavailable immediately.

Please see our Disclosures page for information on check holds. For further check holds questions, please contact us at 1-800-392-7122.


Does the credit union support direct deposit?

Direct Deposit allows your employer to send your paycheck directly to your account at FCCCU. If your employer has the ability to direct deposit your check they will just need our routing number seen above and your member number/share draft number. This information is all available at the bottom of your FCCCU Checks. If your employer requires documentation from us either email, call or stop into a branch to get a direct deposit form.


When will my statement arrive?

E-Statements will be accessible within the first few business days of the month. You will receive an email notification once the statement is ready. Paper statements will be mailed by the fifth business day of the month.


What is the credit union’s routing number?



How do I send a wire to an account at First Class Community Credit Union?

To send a wire to an account at First Class Community Credit Union you will need our routing number and our address (2051 Westown Pkwy, WDM, IA 50265) and the recipient’s name, account number, and address. We charge a $10 incoming wire fee.


How do I send a wire from an account at First Class Community Credit Union?

To send a wire from an account at First Class Community Credit Union you will need the recipient’s name, address, account number, and their financial institution’s address and routing number. If you are sending an international wire you may need information for an intermediary financial institution as well. Domestic outgoing wires have a fee of $25.00 and Foreign outgoing wires have a fee of $45.00. Please contact the credit union to initiate a wire.


How do I create an automatic transfer from my checking to savings?

Complete and return the  Periodic Payment Form to the credit union to set up an automatic transfer between accounts. You can also schedule both one time and reoccurring transfers within our online banking


How can I send funds to my account at another financial institution?

If the other financial participates in shared branching you may transfer the funds via shared branching within one of our branches, wire the funds to your account or transfer the funds via debit card with your other financial. You can also send funds to another financial institution through online banking – just go to the Bill Pay section of online banking and select the “Transfer Money” tab. Fees may apply.


How do I send funds from my credit union account to someone who is not a member?

To send funds to a non-member you can utilize a wire transfer, bill pay or visit a branch and have a certified check issued payable to the nonmember.

We also have “Popmoney” integrated within our online banking that allows you to send money to a friend or family member. Just go to the Bill Pay section of online banking, select the Popmoney tab, and follow the instructions for adding a new contact and sending a payment. The only information you need to send funds to someone is an email address! See the Popmoney FAQ for more information. Fees may apply.


How do I avoid overdraft charges?

We provide an array of different options to allow constant access to keep you in the know about your available funds. Online banking, 24/7 member service representatives and audio zip are a few ways to check your balance to know where you are always financially. Within online banking texting or email alerts can also be triggered for specific balance thresholds.


What happens if I overdraft?

We offer a pathway of overdraft protection should your account fall below zero. Using funds in your savings account is always the first step to cover an overdraft; We’ll automatically shift your money in $100 increments from selected savings to cover transactions. If you don’t have funds in your savings to cover your overdraft we offer a line of credit loan that can be set up for overdraft protection. Apply for a line of credit loan online.  Lastly, we have Courtesy Pay. With Courtesy Pay, we pay the transactions for you rather than returning them unpaid and help you avoid the embarrassing moment in the checkout line when your card is declined. We do charge a $32 fee for courtesy pay per transaction paid.


How do I reset my debit card PIN?

To reset your PIN number, please call 1-888-891-2435.


Who do I call with inquiries regarding my First Class Community Credit Union credit card?

Our credit card partner is Elan Financial Services they can be contacted at 1-800-891-2435.


Does First Class Community Credit Union partner with any insurance companies?

While we do not recommend any specific insurance companies we do partner with a company called TruStage that can provide quotes for life, auto, and property insurance.


Does First Class Community Credit Union offer Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance?

Yes! We currently have a partnership with Affinion (Minnesota Life). For more information about this policy please call Minnesota Life at 1-877-309-6576.


What is Shared Branching?

Shared Branching is a cooperative agreement between approximately 6,000 credit unions across the nation that allows members of the participating credit unions to conduct transactions at any shared branching locations. With your member number and a valid government-issued photo identification you can conduct basic transactions on your account with First Class Community Credit Union almost anywhere! Locate a participating shared branch credit union.


Where can I find my member number?

To obtain your member number, please call us at 1-800-392-7122.


What is the difference between my member number and checking account number?

At First Class Community Credit Union the member number encompasses all individual accounts and serves as the account number for the membership savings. The account number for checking is a combination of the member and additional numbers to create an individual checking account number.


How do I stop payment on an item?

Complete and return the Stop Payment Form to the credit union. A $32 stop payment fee per item may apply, see our fee schedule for details.


How do I close out my account with First Class Community Credit Union?

We’re sorry to see you go. Please contact us at 1-800-392-7122 if there is anything we can remedy to keep your business. If you decide to proceed with closing your account, please electronically complete the Closed Account Form.